Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Introduction

Hello, my name is David Budzyna.  I am currently in my senior year at Rhode Island College.  My major is Anthropology with an interest in Archaeology.  So far, I like how this semester is going, but I am worried about figuring out what I want to do with my life after I graduate.  I still have not been able to find a specific time period/region to focus my studies on.  I guess part of this semester will spent trying to find my self so-to-speak.  Outside of school I like to hang out with my close friends, go on walks and day hikes, read an occasional book and play the occasional video game.  I also love a good movie or television show (especially if it is Sci-Fi). 
I have wanted to take this specific class since my sophmore year.  Through my Intro to Cultural Anthropology course I learned that various factors such as sex, race, economical class, social class and gender have a large impact on our society.  I hope that through this class that I will be able to further my knowledge about how gender and gender roles are constructed and how they influence society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment